Mathura is one of the holy cities of India being the birthplace of Lord Krishna. There are many temples such as Govind Dev Temple, Rangaji Temple, Dwarikadhish Temple, Bankey Bihari Temple and the ISKCON Temple visited by large number of people from around the world
Lord Krishna is said to have spent his childhood in Vrindavan which is just 11 km away from Mathura. It is situated on the banks of Yamuna River and is about 150 km to the south of Delhi. Another holy city, Vrindavan is a home to various Hindu temples like the very famous Banke Bihari Temple, Rang ji temple and Iskcon temple.
Many religious places in and around the city associated with Lord Shri Krishna such as Goverdhan, Gokul & Barsana also can be visited easily. Another big tourist attraction is the Brahmotsava Festival, celebrated for 10 days after Holi during February-March months.
Select your Hotel
Mathura (2 Nights)
Select your Car
- We will start early Morning from Delhi for your journey to Mathura Vrindavan (168 Km/ 3 Hr ) Rest of the day is for your leisure.
- Mathura is considered as the birth place of Lord Krishna. A sacred town which abounds with an array of temples, shrines, Ghats and kunds, Mathura boasts of various legends and myths that have instilled deep-seated beliefs in the minds of people.
- Shri Krishna Janmbhoomi in Mathura which means birth place of Krishna is a temple constructed on the birth place of Lord Krishna, the incarnation of Lord Vishnu. It is held that Krishna the embodiment of Lord Vishnu was born in a prison cell that existed here in past times.
- The Mathura Dwarkadish Temple was erected in 1814. It is situated in the heart of the town. It is run by Vallabhacarya followers. It enjoys an exclusive architectural magnificence and performs some of the very unique and interesting rituals. Sitting close to Yamuna River, the spectacle of this site is a treat for eyes.
- The basic structure of the Bankey Bihari Temple in vrindavan consists of a hall and an inner sanctuary that houses the deity. The imposing structure is built on a platform and you have to mount a flight of steps to reach the inner recesses of the temple.
- Situated very close to the Banke Bihari Temple at Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, Radha Vallabha Temple, Vrindavan is a great place to visit not only for those who are spiritually inclined but also for the common travelers. Dedicated to the Radha Vallabha sect, the temple is one of the most coveted religious places in Vrindavan.
- Evening is for your leisure.
- Time to drive back to Delhi.