Haridwar has become synonymous to the culture of pilgrimages. It is an ancient city and an important site in Uttarakhand, with the Ganges at Himalayan foothills. The largest of the various sacred ghats, Har ki Pauri hosts an aarti every day. Hari stands for Lord Vishnu, so the ancient city means the gateway to Lord Vishnu. To reach Badrinath, which is one of the four dhams, Haridwar is typically the place to start the journey, hence the name.
Rishikesh is a city in the Dehradun District of Uttarakhand, situated in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayan Range and surrounded by the Shivalik range. Interestingly, it is the only destination in the world that is equally popular for pilgrimage, yoga and adventure sports. Hrishik stands for senses and Esh means God, hence the name means God of senses. It’s believed The Beatles were able to get in touch with their spiritual side here, writing several songs during a 1968 visit at a local ashram.
Select your Hotel
Select your Car
- Chandigarh - Haridwar (200 Kms / 04 Hrs)
- Morning drive to Haridwar from Chandigarh.
- On arrival check in at a pre-booked hotel.
- After lunch, we will take you for the sightseeing tour of Haridwar (Haridwar is one of the holiest city for Hindus).
- We will proceed to Daksh Prajapati Temple and Mansa and Chandi Devi Mandir.
- Later witness Aarti of Ganges at Har ki Pauri.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel.
- Haridwar - Rishikesh (30 Kms / 45 Mins Hrs)
- After breakfast Check out from hotel, we will drive to Rishikesh, On the way visit of the Mata Vaishno Devi temple, Bharat Mata Mandir and Pawan Dham.
- On arrival at Rishikesh check in at hotel.
- Evening sightseeing tour Rishikesh includes Swarga Ashram, Muni ki Reti, and witness famous Aarti of Holy Ganges at Parmarth Niketan.
- Dinner and Overnight stay at hotel.
- Rishikesh - Chandigarh (235 kms/05 hrs) After breakfast drive back to Chandigarh.